1. Pumpkins are a fruit that originated in ______________ ________________.
2. The name "pumpkin" comes from the Greek word "pepon," meaning a large ________________.
3. _________% of the pumpkin is made up of water.
4. The yellow-orange flowers that bloom from a pumpkin vine are _____________.
5. Using pumpkins as ______________ at Halloween is based on an ancient Celtic custom brought to America by European immigrants.
6. The largest pumpkin grown was recorded on October 2, 2004 weighing _____________ lbs.
7. Trick-or-treating is thought to have its origins in a European custom called souling where people would beg for "_________ ___________."
8. Bobbing for apples is thought to have originated from the roman harvest festival that honors Pamona, the goddess of __________ ___________.
9. Black cats were once believed to be witches' _____________ who protected their powers.
10. Orange and black became Halloween colors because orange is associated with _____________ and black is associated with _____________.
11. Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with _________________ being the first.
12. Mexico celebrates '________________________' instead of Halloween.
13. In the movie, The Nightmare before Christmas, Jack Skellington's dog is named __________.
14. The English rocker, __________ ______________, worked as a gravedigger before becoming famous.
15. __________ _____________, the author of Frankenstein, wrote this classis horror novel in 1818.